Return to Robert Alexander Spice

The lumber camp where Robert Alexander Spice worked in 1860.

In 1872, Robert and Emily Spice purchased 80 acres in Section 35 of Little River Township, building a home for his family and assisting in the organization of Little River township. The corner on County A became known as Spice’s Corners. Robert was one of the original promoters of the Little River Creamery Company. In June of 1892, he built Spice’s Hall, a dance hall and saloon.

 A special thanks to Peggy Oberbeck and the Oconto County WIGenWeb Project for the photos.

Web Design By: Dan Scott, Sr.